PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
PREVENTATIVE HEALTHCARE AND WELLNESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Healthcare is key to a holistic approach to help build empowered, healthy generations. Our services include primary health and preventative care to assist local health care system by ensuring our partner's schools and parents can access preventative care easily and affordable. In addition, our community health workers and a pilot mobile clinic program will ensure that Ubuntu can reach the most vulnerable. It will provide primary health services and screening opportunities across all our programmes and train our beneficiaries in preventative healthcare. Our services will be based in our local schools and through our mobile clinic include :
- Monthly screening - in health related matters e.g. dental, mental health, and lifestyle diseases.
- Immunization and deworming drives – ensuring that defaulters receive the updates they require to maintain health.
- Oral hygiene – in partnership with University of Western Cape department of oral hygiene. This includes site visits to the educares as well as training of community educare staff.
- Health and wellbeing –assist educare centres with information on children wellbeing including nutritional knowledge.
- Health screening and deworming – Provision of a biannual health screening and deworming.
- Menstrual Health – Educating young women about puberty and intimate hygiene while also providing sanitary towels.
- Reproductive Health – Age appropriate sexual and reproductive training.